The Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) does not charge you to: contact us, receive a call-back, or receive an SMS. However your chosen telecommunications service provider(s) may charge for usage when accessing our services. Please note the following:
- Calls from most fixed line telephones to 13 and 1300 numbers from anywhere in Australia are charged at a fixed rate. That rate may vary from the price of a local call and may also vary between service providers.
- Calls to 1800 numbers from most fixed line telephones are free.
- Calls from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be timed and charged at a higher rate, this may vary between service providers.
- Calls to 13, 1300 and 1800 numbers may not be available from VoIP services. Please contact your service provider for more information. Alternatively, try using a fixed line telephone.
- Calls to 13, 1300 and 1800 numbers may not be available from overseas, if you are in this situation please contact us.
- DEEWR only sends standard SMS messages which are usually free to receive.