Amendments to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) introduced an Information Publication Scheme (IPS) which requires Australian Government agencies to publish certain information on a website from 1 May 2011.
The purpose of this website is to ensure the Department of Education fulfills the requirements of the IPS by allowing you to search and access the information the department is required to publish.
The Department’s functions and powers
The Australian Government Department of Education is responsible for national policies and programmes that help Australians access quality early childhood education, school education, higher education, international education and research. The Administrative Arrangements Order lists matters dealt with by the department as well as legislation administered by the Department on behalf of the Minister. In addition, there are a number of administrative programmes. Details of programs can be found on the department's website.
Other information you can find on this website includes:
- the department’s Publication Plan
- the department's annual reports
- details of current consultations being run by the department including terms and conditions
- information the department routinely provides to Parliament including details of statutory appointments
- the department’s Disclosure Log
- a register of the Privacy Impact Assessments completed by the department since 1 July 2018
- the department’s operational information
- details of the department’s organisational structure