The object of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act) is to give the Australian community access to information held by the Australian Government.
The FOI Act aims to achieve this objective by:
- requiring agencies to publish certain information on a website
- provide for a right of access to documents.
Some of the information you can find on this website includes:
- Information published under the Information Publication Scheme
- the department’s Disclosure Log
- Information about how to make a Freedom of Information (FOI) Request